Biota with a shell.
Level 4 definitions
- Mixed Shelled Biota: A habitat where the dominance of a single Shelled Biota group (Oyster, Mussel, Screwshell, Other) cannot be identified, or where the composition/biomass/surface coverage of the second-most dominant group lies within 30 % margin of the most-dominant group.
- Mussel: An area dominated by accumulations of living mussels attached to a substratum.
- Other Shelled Biota: An areas dominated by accumulations of living shells other that oysters, mussels, clams of screwshells, that are attached or closely associated with the substratum.
- Oyster: An area dominated by accumulations of living oysters attached to a substratum.
- Screw Shelled Biota: Areas dominated by accumulations of living screw shells.